Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Home Improvements

So we're all set for our big basement remodel! We signed the estimate
and gave Rob (our neighbor/contractor) the check for half the cost on
Monday, and I think his "field supervisor" is supposed to come over
today to get measurements. Work may be starting (and completing?) next
week! And I called and scheduled the install for the glass-block
windows too, on August 5th. Whoo-hoo! I can't wait to have a USABLE
room in the basement! It's not going to be TOTALLY done--the exterior
wall will not be finished, we still need to get the foam mats I want for
the floor, and the only thing being done in the bathroom is the
floor--but it should at least be able to be used. I'm thinking my mom
and I might be able to do some work in the bathroom when she is here,
and we can aim to tackle finishing the exterior wall next year. But I'm
so excited to be able to say to the boys this winter "Go downstairs and
play!" And they can hang out down there when we host Dinner Group,
instead of being right in our faces. And I won't have a giant corner of
toys in my living room anymore!!! (Hmmm...what to do with that
space???)

3 comments:

Amy said...

I can't believe how big Grace has gotten! You need to post more pictures. I like your background. I am too slow to figure out how to make my own. I have been searching for a great one for a while. I hopped right over to Loulee's site and snagged one. :)

Carol said...

Please do post some pics when you're done--I'd love to see the improvements.

By the way, again, thanks for inviting us to your "party" here. : )

Danielle said...

Sounds so fun! Good luck!