Tuesday, February 3, 2009

1 score years

What were you doing February 3rd, 1989? Me? I had my first date with the man who would become my eternal companion and the father of my children. How is it possible that we've been together for 20 years? I'm not that old!! Heck, I wasn't even that old when I met him! (It was a week before my 19th birthday.) Anyway, I can't think of anyone I'd rather be on this journey through life with, and I'm looking forward to the next 2 or 3 score years ahead of us.

So okay, we have to go back to 1989 for just a minute (I do love me some YouTube). Here's a song I distinctly remember dancing with Mike to at one of the few "dances" that were held in the old Pub at IC. Apparently, this song is notable for being in the Guiness Book for the LONGEST note held by a Power Ballad/Pop song. I haven't actually verified that, but it's not too hard to believe.


(Love love LOVE the stylin' '80s looks on these guys!)

I have to admit it was a tossup between the Sheriff song and "Angel Eyes" by the Jeff Healy Band, which is a song I've heard Mike singing around the house on more than one occasion. But hey, it's my blog, and since the Jeff Healy song is sung from a guy's point of view, I went with Sheriff. If you're interested, here's a link to the other one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYz_LHKrgDY

Oh, and for the record, 3 years later, on this same day, we got engaged. I'll save the songs from 1992 for another time.

4 comments:

DragonMama said...

Let me try this again...
I remember when you came back to the dorm after getting engaged and telling us all the whole story!

Wow, seems like a lifetime ago to me.

Hey- Happy Birthday, a few days early!

Danielle said...

LOL...love it!!

Andrea said...

So happy late anniversary! 20 years - wow!

Jill said...

Dang and I thought I was old. ;D Happy belated anniversary of your engagement!