Thursday, September 11, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Yes, I know this day is a sad anniversary for many many people. But before September 11th became a noun unto itself, it was simply the anniversary of the happiest day of our lives.

We were married on September 11th, 1993, and today is our 15th anniversary. FIFTEEN years! Good grief! Do we look young and innocent? (Apologies for the picture quality--I've never thought to sit down and scan our wedding pictures, so this was the best I could do by laying the proofs out on the bed and angling my camera to avoid glare from the flash.)

Anyway, yes, we were young and innocent. Now we're...still young!...but we've definitely become more seasoned. We've had our ups and downs (now THERE'S a cliche!), more downs than some people, more ups than others, but I think we'd both agree that everything has balanced out pretty well so far.

Not to get all sappy, but I want to leave off with my favorite verse from Joshua Kadison's Beautiful in My Eyes, the song that would likely have been our wedding song had we been more familiar with that album at the time we got married. Mike sings this song to me all the time (NOW I've embarrased him), and I just want him to know that the feeling is mutual.

The world will turn and the seasons will change,
and all the lessons we will learn will be beautiful and strange.
We'll have our fill of tears, our share of sighs.
And my only prayer is that you realize
you'll always be beautiful in my eyes.

Thanks for 15 wonderful years Mike. I'm looking forward to many many more.




Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Congratulations! Here's to fifty more!

Carol said...

Congratulations (a day late now I guess)! You were such a pretty bride, Jenn. Doing anything special for your 15th?

DragonMama said...

Congratulations! Wow, 15 years! I still remember it- that fairy tale carriage ride!
Gosh, you look great... remember me and Abbi getting dressed in the bathroom of the church! he he he

Here's to many more!

Jill said...

Well I'm late as usual but happy anniversary. Coincidentally my brother shares your pain about the date being what it has become since that is his birthday.