Thursday, October 2, 2008

LAME

So yeah, it's been two weeks since I posted. I blame it on being
ridiculously busy, which is every blogger's excuse when they don't post
for a while. I have stuff I want to blog about; I just haven't had time
to put it together. And I don't have time now either, but I wanted to
get something up here so as not to let another week go by (remember, my
goal is to post at least once a week). So this is just going to be a
quick update on what's been going on.

Matthew's mouth is MUCH better. He got his stitches out the Monday
following the incident, and although he was worried that it would hurt,
he said it was fine. Looks fine too. Yes, he has an obvious cut on his
lip still (a healing cut for sure), and he will in all likelihood have a
scar there, but we're doing our best to minimize it, rubbing Mederma on
it a couple times a day. (We still have to get some Vitamin E--thanks
to Mom Foster for that tip.) Oh, and I actually got that shirt clean!! =)

Cub Scouts started back up for Jonathan last week. He's a Wolf Cub this
year, so he has what I consider the iconic gold and navy blue kerchief
now. Only had one meeting so far--just enough to get his popcorn order
forms, so all you grandparents and aunts and uncles that are reading
this, get ready for the phone calls! (Oh, and any friends, either here
or out of town, who need a good source for popcorn, let me know!!)

Graceanne proved she's one tough little chick yesterday. I found the
lab slip for her lead test (you know, the test they're supposed to get
at 12 months? Yeah, she's 17 months now.) tucked away under some papers
on the "landing strip" in our kitchen, and decided I'd better get that
done so the doctor can have the results for her 18-month visit at the
end of the month. Now, Mike took both boys for their lead tests, so
this was a new one for me. However, I imagined that taking any toddler
to have two vials of blood drawn out of their arm would not be a very
pleasant experience. Boy did this little girl prove me wrong. They had
her sitting on my lap with my left arm crossing over her chest and
holding her right shoulder, and my right arm holding her right
hand/wrist out straight so that she wouldn't bend it. I felt sure I was
going to need a third and possibly fourth arm to hold her down once she
started flailing. WELL. Not only did my stoic little one not flail,
she did not cry, she did not flinch, she did not squeak, and according
to the techician, she didn't even blink when that needle went in and the
blood was drawn. She just sat and sucked on her binky and WATCHED. *I*
don't even watch when I get blood drawn! I didn't even watch this; I
looked at the ceiling. That's my brave girl!

No comments: