Friday, August 29, 2008

English as a second (or third) language

I was recently introduced to a funny little website called Engrish.com, which highlights the rather amusing results when Japanese companies put English text on their products. Here's a couple of choice examples for this week's Multimedia Friday (hey--pictures are multimedia too...)


This one would make a good t-shirt:


3 comments:

Carol said...

Ha, ha, ha!!! Those are HILARIOUS! George snapped some pics of some pretty funny signs in China the last time he was there--one over a toilet stall that made absolutely no sense whatsoever, something about taking a half-step toward the bowl.

Anonymous said...

so kens comment to that last one is "why not?"

just like him, always trying to push the boundries

Jill said...

Haha! I love this kind of stuff. My sister and I have started a little collection of stuff like this. I don't know--maybe it's the English major background or something, but this stuff justy tickles my funny bone.